With love, to Tikona!

This is something that I wrote a few months back but never posted. It's about my beloved internet service provider Tikona. Someone who made my life miserable for quite some time before I finally let it go. Not before they made my life even more miserable.

Funny when I look back at it now. But harrowing as hell at that point of time. But then this is also the best way to deal with the service provider if you have been one of the unlucky ones to have signed up with them.

I tell why it is the way to deal with Tikona. Because they jerk of a company does not like being on social media platforms. Does not reply to calls. Will probably block you number. Will not reply to emails. And when all failed, this one worked. Well almost.



--


Over the last few months, I have had quite a tussle with Tikona. The internet service. I know most of you would think I am a moron for using it in the first place. But trust me they were good for first two years. Then once fine day, they suddenly decided to behave like the Indian husband on a seven year itch. No love, no connection. definitely no speed. For a 2 mbps  line I was getting 460 kbps. I felt like I was in the dark ages again. And I tried reaching out. I gave references of our past love. Nothing worked. Disconnection suddenly made Tikona turn into Shah Rukh Khan of Darr. Or probably Nana Patekar of Daraar. I finally had to sign up on their forum - since they are non-existent on any social media to address my issues. Here's my mail to them.

Note:
1) This happened after loads of mails and no response.
2) I am not advertising any other service here.
3) Have no reply from them yet.



--



Dear Tikona

Hallelujah! You have finally made me come to your customer forum. Because you do not believe in functioning on social media platforms, which are used by other companies. On retrospect, I understand. You services sucks so bad that you could possible not be able to respond to the overwhelming numbers on FB/twitter. And neither do you respond to emails. That's like taking things to a new low! Hats off.

Now coming to the story. I am miffed. And I have reasons to be. I stayed with you for three years and in the first two years I probably got you new customers of word of mouth. I was happy indeed. But then you guys decided to mess it up.

My service started getting bad around February this year. And continued to get worse. My calls were answered with assurances. In June I lost it as the fault was assigned to a tower.

I refused to accept that a technical glitch in some tower could not be repaired over days. I said I would like to disconnect my service as I do not want to work with a company which did not know how to tackle their issues. You ASSURED ME THAT MY BILL WOULD BE ADJUSTED for the days the tower was defunct. I took you word. Of course you did not live up to your assurance.

In July when service continued to be as bad you came up with the same response. "Tower" issues. Assurance that it would adjusted in the bill came in. When I asked why was the last month's bill not adjusted you guys had no answer.

I formally demanded discontinuation of service in July, issuing directive that Aug 15 - the day my cycle ends - would be my last day with Tikona. You call me incessantly asking me to reconsider. On Aug 1st, I tell you that  shall give you 4 days time  - till Aug 5. If the service picks up I shall stay or else Aug 15 shall be the last day. Agreed.

Aug 5th came and I did not get any call as promised. Aug 6th I called. From
that day for next 10 days I called almost daily, wasting hours waiting on the line as your IVR requested me to be online as I am a valuable customer. Never once did the phone get connected. Despite the fact that the "expected wait time" was just "1 minute". Clearly you guys had blocked me.

I started mailing you. To get auto-generated mails assuring a call back in 72 hours. Since Aug 15th I have mailed over 5 times, each time being told by an email that I will get a call within 72 hours.

I have not got calls yet. What I have got instead is

1) Collecting agents at my doorsteps harassing me. Who I refuse to pay because I am still waiting for the revised bill and the call.

2) Collecting agents posing as lawyers calling me, threatening that you have registered a case against me on charges of fraud. Sec 420. Should I say I am impressed?

When I asked this 'lawyer' why isn't Tikona calling me, I am told that Tikona will not call me. "WILL NOT CALL" me.


Oh almost, forgot to mention. I got a mail from Tikona with double the amount of the bill - as penalty charges against me for not paying up.

Now, I totally am impressed.

Here's what the future course of action should be.

1) You call me.
2) We talk like adults.
3) You apologise for your conduct.
4) I will pay the revised amount as promised.
5) And we live happily ever after.
AND
6) I would not press harassment charges at the consumer court. Well if you can go to the Delhi High court, I could certainly do this much.

With lots of love
Customer id: 1108159549




--
[pic courtesy - http://www.macrage.com/]

Comments

Popular Posts