God just gave up on me


A day off from work, I was as usual spending it reading miserable shit on the internet when I stumbled upon what I could very well term, my gold mine of entertainment. Sitting neatly on a website related to cars was this awesome ad – “How to convert to Islam”. Being worse than the cat when it comes to curiosity, nothing could have really kept me from clicking this link.  

I landed on the website http://www.islamreligion.com/chat-con/?cmp=en-con-in&kw=&pm=www.wikihow.com&gclid=CJGd7ICHm8UCFUwmjgodaoMAUg

I saw some awesome pointers mentioned why converting to Islam could make me a much better person and connected to god. I was intrigued. Things got better when I found they even had a LIVE CHAT service to help the confused souls. I am a confused soul, I clicked it.



Err… it’s bad manners to disclose personal chats, but what then I really had no option as ‘helper’ abandoned me even before I could  actually start my questions. He called a fool and deserted me. I am still hoping that I could find some answers…  which is the reason why I am posting this chat. Maybe the helper could come forward answer my questions. Or someone else. Maybe we could all sit together and discuss…

So here goes, a chat that DID NOT change my life.



--
Please wait for a site adviser to respond.https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1064245507/?label=MTclCPjsg1cQg7K8-wM&guid=ON&script=0
You are now chatting with 'Tariq'.https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1064245507/?label=MTclCPjsg1cQg7K8-wM&guid=ON&script=0
Tariq: Hello. Welcome to our live chat. How can I assist you today?
you: I want to understand what is this site about
Tariq: It's as you saw in the ad.
you: Converting to Islam...
Tariq: helping people understand Islam and convert to it if they wish to.
Tariq: Wow
Tariq: Yes.
you: But Tariq, does not Islam state that all human beings are born Muslim. Then why convert?
Tariq: Here is what Islam says:
Tariq: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every child is born in a state of fitrah (the natural state of man, i.e., Islam), then his parents make him into a Jew or a Christian or a Magian.”
Tariq: So if you worship idols now, you have lost the innate disposition you were born with.
you: You speak of Jews, christians and Magian. Who makes a person Hindu?
Tariq: This applies to all.
Tariq: Hindus have no reason to do what they do at all.  They say that God is in idols and natural elements.
Tariq: the Hadith gives examples only.
you: Ok. What about Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism?
Tariq: All are false man made faiths
you: But how can faith be false?
Tariq: Who says God is everywhere in nature?
Tariq: Humans only.
you: So isn't god everywhere in nature?
Tariq: This means God in these faiths is man made.
Tariq: no, he is not
you: Where is he then?
Tariq: Do you believe God is the Creator or not?
you: I do believe he is the creator. And that is the one that preserves.
Tariq: to create a thing, you have to be distinct from it or not?
Tariq: How can he be creator and creation?
you: Like a mother gives birth to a child. She is very much there, around you.
Tariq: so is the mother and the child the same?
Tariq: This is false analolgy.
Tariq: God does not give birth to us.
you: They are no different either.
you: So then god does not create?
you: What then is the function of god?
Tariq: What are you saying?
Tariq: This makes no sense
you: I am just repeating what you said...
Tariq: If you make a delicious cake or a table , can you become part of it?
Tariq: Think well please
you: Well I am pleased that you make this world seem like a delicious cake made by god
you: Coming back to faith... May I?
Tariq: I think you have a thinking problem.
Tariq: It's like I am talking to nothing.
you: Why is it that we should disapprove what parents makes their child - jews, christian or magian. Is it not good to follow the road shown by the parent?
you: I have questinos Tariq, and I am hoping you could just answer them!
Tariq: Allah, Almighty God, said in the Quran (which is translated as): "And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?" 2/170
Tariq: You can't follow a path only simply because your parents told you about it. They can be very wrong.
you: You can't simply follow a path a book told you either, can you? The book could be wrong too...
you: How then do we decide what is right and what is wrong
Tariq: Well, I can show you how false you faith is.
you: Please do...
Tariq: You can't answer a simple question
you: I request you, please show me. I would be enlightened. Which is why I am here...
Tariq: How can the creator and the creation be identical?
Tariq: don't tell me like mother and baby again
you: Clones (scientifically proven) can be identical.
Tariq: realy?
Tariq: this is funny.
you: Which could make your argument even more difficult
Tariq: Now, please, we are talking about God,  does God create us as mothers have kids?
Tariq: mothers have kids through sex.
you: You tell me. So long that is what I have believed
Tariq: Mothers are beings and babies are other beings.
Tariq: let me ask you simply question
you: my dear Tariq, an amoeba does not have sex. It still does replicate. And produces almost identical an amoeba. Please correct me if I am wrong here
Tariq: Why on earth are you saying this now?
Tariq: I am showing you that your analogy is false.
you: Please do, I a waiting
you: am*
Tariq: Please think well before you answer.
Tariq: If we presume God is everywhere in nature as you say, it means that God relies on nature for his existence, right or wrong?
you: Could we look at it from this point of view: Nature exists because god exists in it?
Tariq: ok, whatever, this simply means God does not exist on His own.
Tariq: There is no being called God on his own.
Tariq: only nature.
you: They say, the soul lives... the body is just a vessel
Tariq: ok, but they are interdependent, right?
Tariq: and God is not  soul
Tariq: the soul is created  by God.
you: Yes, as independent as the mother and child. They can live without each other.
Tariq: Again mother and child?
you: sorry I misread. You meant interdependent. Which fits in fine too, with the mother-child analogy
you: Tariq, did God create all?
Tariq: I'm not wasting more time with you. You are hopeless
Chat session has ended. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to assist you.
You are not currently in a chat session.
You are not currently in a chat session



My question, “Ouch, did Islam just give up on me?” did not even make it to the chat box.

Here I am. Alone. Hoping I could find answers. Why is it so important to rule out other religions. Why is it so important to believe in god, or not to believe in him, (or her – Hinduism has loads of female gods) Why is it so important to convert beliefs? 

Would I find an answer? More importantly… would this poor fellow called Tariq find an answer?  

No I am not religious man. But I am a human being who asks questions. Do you?



Comments

Popular Posts