Tweet tweet… blogwish!

Twitter! I mentioned in my last post how Twitter has changed the look of my blog. Well apart from the small widget that is on the right hand top of this blog, Twitter is probably one major reason why I am left with very few things to write about in this blog – except of course my work.

With work timing being such absurd it really gets hard to sit and write a post which made sense. One liners are easy. You know those 140 characters… which can always be filled in even from your phone. That’s where Twitter excelled.

I have been in Twitter for almost two years now. It is just a habit of trying to platform that got me to the site. But back then people were not as much into it as now. More importantly not many Indians… so what we see on Twitter is a pretty new phenomenon and I could easily be one of the oldest Indian users. [boasting ;)]. Around six months back I started hearing all this buzz about this new site being one of the fastest growing things on the Net. I got back to it once again. Soon I found, Twitter, for a person like me who has stopped reading the daily newspaper, could be an excellent tool to stay informed. You just need to follow the right people for your daily updates of news an views. What more, share your own views and you have enough followers reading them and even reacting. While a blog could have anyone coming in an reading, Twitter followers are more like a TV audience, they see your update as long as it is on their front page… like in TV you see the programme if you tune in on time. So I guess I just found better followers there. More lively audience… which, I must add, is quite addictive.

Of course that does not mean the blog is killed. It’s like the difference between the newspaper and TV. People said with TV becoming such a hit newspapers would take a back seat. It did take a blow, but it didn’t fizzle out. People still like the in-depth newspaper report than the sensation of the TV. And that’s what keeps getting me back to my good old blog. It’s a lovely place here. Yes I am bored of my layout and color combination and I am hoping to go for a makeover all over again… but blog is still the old conventional approach. Let’s see how far I can take this! Wish me luck.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts