Playing football with fingers


Promises made, promises broken. I have turned quite a pro at this. Be it promises made to people or myself. Let’s not get into other tangles. I seem to have even failed to keep to the promise made to myself that I will be writing something new on this blog every few days. I don’t know if I have been purely lazy or has it been work overload… or just a depressed mind. Or probably the new phenomenon called Twitter. Twitter is something I plan to talk about in another post. But the last piece I wrote happen to way back in July!

But hey… why talk about things unpleasant; at least I have better things to talk about. The last few days have been quite interesting. The last one week precisely. Apart from one more personal tragedy, I discovered one more thing to keep my lonely self busy. Well actually two more things… but the second one needs a partner. L And that has been my friend Victor.

Farmville! Yes that is the first one. Facebook has been quite a part of my life. But Farmville is something I quite looked down upon. Wondered why people invested time on such a dull game. But that was only till I saw a couple of people at it and doing really well. Making a small plot of land you get look fantastic, and designing it in such way that you earn maximum profits suddenly didn’t sound like too dull an idea. I decided to try my hand too. And I will tell you ‘I am loving it’. I plan to make my farm look the most distinct and also earn maximum coins. And I think I am pretty much on my way. Started last Saturday and moving up the levels faster than anyone in my list, I plan it better than my work! Brilliant idea who even thought of this game! It not only makes you understand planning and timing things well it also comes as a lesson in vegetables which I had long forgotten; or probably never heard of!

Strangely the second thing I have been pretty addicted to, which is yet another game, is what made me stay away from Farmville for so long. Play Station. Victor was gifted a PS2 by Amrita on his birthday which was in August. And the clever guy he is, he has managed to get enough games as gifts from all his friends. And we have been trying out all these games, right from racing to fights. And then last week he got hold of Football. And our fingers have not ceased moving since then. The day I type inane, dry stories and the nights I am busy navigating the ball towards the goal post with the same fingers. Victor is a clear winner, but I have managed to win a few games too, especially in penalty shoots. And unlike other games I am quite hooked to football. Maybe the reason is that I have been able to match Victor at some level beating him at a few games…. Or just that I like the game. Never played much football as a child and I think I have already mentioned that in a few of my posts earlier. I did use to watch a few games during the World Cup tournament. Victor on the other hand is all clued in and knows which player plays for which team in what position.

Both Farmville and football, though starting with the ‘f’, as hugely different games. Currently I am waiting to harvest my crops so that I can saw the seeds again. So much for gaming and excitement. Who said staying alone could be boring!


Comments

  1. Planning is one thin I also learned while playing Farmville. Although I'm not so great at earning points. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to know you happy and enjoying even after the personal tragedy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts