We are the journalists… film journalists.


I am a part of the media and I don’t think I am too proud of what I am doing. I would not say media as a whole is a shit-hole but I surely seem to be in one. Something we call entertainment journalism. Journalism! Some even dare calling themselves film journalist.


Sometimes I feel pity, otherwise I just get frustrated worse. I wanted to be a film journalist. But it is quite dead today expect in the efforts of a few respected ones. Unfortunately they are not known to well.

Standard of ‘journalist’ we have is appalling. The other day at an even a lady from a respected news organization asked an actor: “what would you remember if you lost your memory?” Dimwit… he was supposed to lose his memory wasn’t he? Or may be he would still remember how dumb some people are.

Then there is another gentleman. He kept asking every actor at the event about their childhood memories about man setting feet on the moon for the first time, which was apparently 50 years ago. Ah my fellow contemporary failed to realize that it is still 10 years before it is 50 years since that feat. Also all people he was asking were not older than 35. What childhood memories?

There is more. The gentleman actually mentioned Rakesh Sharma as a moon traveler. Dude, there have been no visitors to the moon since Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin 50 years ago. And India’s Moon Mission is still under a lot of stress. Rakesh Sharma, poor boy, never went to moon. I bet this guy would do wonderfully at ‘Kya Aap Panchvi Paas me Fail the’.

These are just samples of intelligence I have around me. And these samples are actually better than many other nitwits. And we all call ourselves ‘journalists’!

Somehow this makes me laugh even louder at something I used to laugh few years back. A Kannadiga economics professor Mr Srinivas used to tell us, “you are students of ‘generalism’ and you will become generalist. So you have to know everything including economics.” His idea was superb. Just that not many brains followed. I certainly didn’t. else I might have probably be doing something more substantial than measuring assets of heroines and what are the nightly plans of the knightly heroes.

Comments

  1. i sympathise with you.pr and stars are making it worse...write on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sure sir.. things are getting worse... PRs, stars.. all a part of the brigade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, got to know about you from twitter ;-) Which mag/newspaper do you write for? I'm from Assam too. Blog at www.bhargavsaikia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab blog site you have dude .. saw it
    yes i am from assam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noyon! Dilemma? Disgust? What is this about? I could read your raw emotions...

    Friend, one little reminder... all jobs come with some dedicated occupational hazards! There's no way, that you can make any thing foolproof. Enjoy yourself, as long as it lasts.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey paro..
    Thank you.
    you enjoy the water when it is clean.. even if it is a bit deep.
    here it is the case of shallow dirty muck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts