The world's a stage…


I have always believed that acting is fun. It is the easiest job… easier than being a politician. And I would like to believe that I have acted my entire life… literally. And then there were those crazy short films in college… courtesy my good old friend Victor!

But then I was quick to realize that I am bad with diction. I was at least realistic enough to understand that by god's grace I could never make it on face value! So Johnny Lever or Paresh Rawal were idols. J But of late Emraan Hashmi has suddenly become a favorite. Guess why?

Well… first I think he just rocks. He has got the only reasonable hit this year while Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar failed to create any magic with their Superstar Akshay and King Khan attitudes. So Emraan really is a star.

Plus… testimonies that he look like me… well... they say I sometimes look like him... I dunno how. But quite a few says. Here's a chat with a friend:

Shreyoshi: u thr?

me: hmm

Shreyoshi: i made a discovery

u look like EMRAAN HASHMI

seriously

me: hehe

suddenly

where did you find that

Shreyoshi: i always thot y does ur face look so amiliar

me: :P:P

Sheyoshi: aaj subhe

uska koi song a raha tha tv pe

then i realised

me: hahha

u r not the first one who says so

lot of others have said this

Shreyoshi: ohhhh thr r more

hmmmm

u do look like him

me: and some people have been asking me off late if i have done any Max ife ka add

Shreyoshi: wat?

me: max life

at least three people asked me if i have done any ads for the product

last week

me: some clone around i guess :(

Shreyoshi: did u tel them tht u havnt?

hmmmm

me: of course i said i havent

Shreyoshi: good

Me: and dale says i look like harman

Sreyoshi: what?

thts sad

me: i know

koi baat nahi..

i need to lose weight

and fast

Emraan Hashmi suddenly looks like a star to me ;-)

What do you say? Well you can't deny the first reason at least.

In the meantime I think I will bury my on screen acting aspirations. Acting in real life is quite challenging. And as a good friend once said "I don't need to act in front of camera… I do enough off it" I will rest my case.

Comments

  1. Hey!~ Now that I think about it... you do look like Emran Hashmi... And did you know? Like Himesh, I'm a die hard fan of Emran too :-)

    BTW, who's this "I don't need to act in front of camera… I do enough off it"? It uncannily sounds like me... Enlighten me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a freind... a film director and a real cool person i know. it wont be right to reveal names though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts