Drums of Heaven


Its not that I don’t eat out often... In fact eating out is the single major option I have, apart from events and my friend Victor place when it comes to food. And of course stray cases of cornflakes and coffee at home. But then when I went out to eat yesterday, it was different.

 

I reached a Chinese restaurant… a place I go regularly. But something happened which was different from all the time I have eaten there… I decided to order. I don’t know why but I just did. And out of nowhere I ordered Drums of Heaven, schezuan fried rice and some curry to go with it.

 

I never remember names of dishes that I order. Never pay attention really. And the ones that I ordered were almost fading out of memory… or so I thought. Probably they haven’t at all. They are pretty fresh rather.

 

Drums of heaven used to be my favorite after all… Rs 70 a plate at Canton restaurant in Bangalore! (oh how I loved that restaurant). Drums of heaven would all that I would order then… those initial days of romance. Funny days you know… you may not have money but going out with your girlfriend is something that you cannot miss out on! Rs 70 is something I could manage… and of course she is used to pay quite often too. And the conversations over the delicacy! There used to fried rice also once in a while…

 

People may move on but certain things never fade out… good or bad memories. Love is one of them. Love for food or for a person… at least you can never forget it. Both form such an important part of life after all. It’s just right that you thank the chef, the restaurant and of course your ex.. for those lovely moments.

 

Here’s my salute to

1)    Drums of heaven

2)    Canton restaurant, Jayanagar and it’s waiters

3)    My lovely ex girlfriend. She may have not grown up, but she helped me grow up!  

 

Thank god I can still gorge on the first… while the others are more or less closed chapters.

 

 

Comments

  1. hahahah... right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I salute you for being so upfront about your feelings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Paro...
    that is what is growing up all about i guess... i am waking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nostalgia with Drums of Heaven. Dhurom burooom boom boom boom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts