Upgrade to PVR!


The PVR opened in Bangalore more than two years back and tickets were priced at 150 bucks for the classic, a bit moer for Europa and 500 for the Gold Class. 500.. wow!!
Never mind 500, not even the classic was in my reach...finacially of course.

Then one day i came to know that Monday to Thursday, all shows in Classic, before 12PM were priced at 50bucks per ticket... COOL!

But I do have classes during day and cannot avail the offer, as we cannot bunking classes as that would mean a fine of 100bucks and more or less the same price i have to pay for shows after noon.

For two long years I waited as everyone including my Gf witnessed the conforts of a PVR and then at last the D Day arrived.

My internships were on last month. And first few days i didnt have to go office in the morning and i decided to grab the oppurtunity. My Gf had been complaining for a long time that we have never seen a movie in PVR togather and it was time to end this.

The movie was Being Cyrus. I also called my sister to watch with us. NO my GF was not upset with that. She is quite a sport in some matters!

I was quite anxious as to what the great PVR was like. My friends had told me it was good. The sound quality apparently was awsome.

As i enterer, i felt the difference. Price was certainly one of them. Even the popcorn was, well... quite expensive. But then carpet was smooth.

The audi was red and as i sat on my seat, i sank into it. ANd then the sound...defintely true to what i had heard.

The movie ended pretty soon and i wanted to stay in the audi longer. Alas!

As i moved out i wondered when would be next time i come back to PVR. Studying on loan, expenses such as these are often a taboo to a middle class guy like me.

It was two days back when i planned to see another movie in PVR. Morning show of course and with my sister as she was getting bored at home and I at college. Classes were over and we had nothing to do. My sister said she wants to watch in PVR and she would pay for it.

I didnt mind a bit. And this time around my sister got a ticket for the PVR Europa. 140 bucks each. But the differnce was apparent. This time it was Green and the seats were more comfortable. The movie - Gangster - was not that great. But thats another tale!

Well two movies in PVR at a go. Not bad i believe. I mean for me.

Now just wishing that this continues... not just in PVR but also upgrades.. like from Classic to Europa.. How about the Gold Class next? Next thing that comes to my mind - Dude four thousand left in your account for next three months. Wake up and get to work. Gold is certainly not in yet... not for me.

Comments

Popular Posts