Grey Matters

THAT DAY Grey fought. He demanded respectability. He demanded honour. He demanded his own space on the table. The rest laughed. They could not understand what the problem was. Red from house VIBGYOR ridiculed...

"What individuality are you talking about? You do not even have an independent existence. Your entire being comes from Black and White being together. What if they never met?"

Grey knew Red was not wrong. Black and White were his parents after all. Every time White mated with someone else she had a different progeny... very different from Grey. But he was not loosening his stand. NO!




"I am proud that they are my parents. But with all due respect I have far more variety than either of them have. Look at the number of shades I can be present it! That is much more than the number of shades both of then combined can have. And of course much more than you, Red!"

Red shrugged. The rest were not sure how to react. They looked at Red hoping she would show Grey his place. Red after all has always been good with putting things in place. People just stop movement on streets when Red says so... Such is her power. But Red was still trying to find a way to counter Grey. The infuriated chap however was not done yet.

"Look at the very streets that Red rules. Se the number of cars that borrow my elements. See the variety of shades I present myself in to the humans. Today I am one of the most sought after colours. Heck, they even need me to portray their own characters in the movies they make. Once upon a time they would be inspired by my parents... Today the best of them talk about my essence in their selves. They like it grey! Should I give more examples? Because I have a lot lot of them."

House VIBGYOR were stunned. More for the audacity. But they knew deep inside that Grey wasn't wrong.

THAT DAY Black and White had tears. Not because they completely agreed to Grey's arguments. But because they knew Grey had grown up. He now could speak for himself.

"He has turned just like you. Stubborn, strong," White teased Black. Black, almost choked with emotions barely managed, "But he makes sense. Just like you always have!" A father's pride is hard to conceal. 

Comments

Popular Posts