The Joke is on us... Thank you Aayenah Pahuja!

This has been on my mind for a week. I am not amused. I know many among you would have by now started sympathizing with her. But I am not impressed. I have my reasons.

I am talking about Aayenah Pahuja. Most of you may know her as the “DUMB DD ANCHOR”. Yes the one who messed up big at the IFFI opening ceremony.




Strangely enough, I see people suddenly warming up to her screw up. Because she spoke to some publications about how suicidal she has been. I am particularly impressed by her move to shoot a video to explain why her mistakes are forgivable… after all it was just the national broadcaster she made a joke out of!  She was not given time to rehearse she says. If only someone reminded Ms Pahuja that rehearsals are not exactly a luxury of a journalist…



And yet she suddenly seems to have fans. At least a strategically launched Facebook page and the rising number of likes on it suggest so.  A page she started within minutes of the video going live. And guess what, she has been posting videos and portfolio pictures on it. Suicidal?






Are we that naïve?
I mean, if I was suicidal… I would consult a doc. Not start a fan page and ask questions like, “Guys, what do you think should I do next in regards with my career???”  Sounds more like gimmick to me. No?

Why then did these suddenly conscientious people make jokes on Alia Bhatt’s goof on Koffee With Karan. The poor kid should have killed herself five times over, if Aayenah can talk of suicidal tendencies… I rather give Alia a second chance. At least she is brilliant at her job…

Actually Aayenah, I am impressed by your cockiness. Your ability to think that you can get away with such acts.  

Who am I kidding! You have already gotten away with it. Soon you might even be a celebrity. Maybe next year you make it to Bigg Boss too. And soon enough you could be leads in TV shows… or make it to the parliament! 

Maybe someday when you walk a red carpet, another anchor would stupidly ask you, “Hello, how are you doing. Do you watch Doordarshan?” You are already a pro at interviews. I am sure you would handle that really well! 



Well, at least you did one thing well… people started talking about DD courtesy your interview with the ‘Governor of India’, albeit for a short while. Only wish it was in some positive light. But then, a joke it is. A joke that’s on us as a country… 

But then… we have let the fools rule. You are certainly sharper than that.

Oh btw, the citizens of Goa are really thankful. You did what the beaches and hoards of  Russian tourists could not do… you made it famous across the world for the festival it hosts. A silver lining...

Comments

  1. Haha wow I didn't know about the Facebook page. I'm one of those who had begun sympathising with her! God these days, the hardest question to answer is - What is the right thing to do/support? Nicely written Noyon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts