Bollyducation - Education the Bollywood way [A note on DHOOM 3]

There was a wonderful line in this outrageously effective film Chillar Party. About what’s the point of going to school considering you anyway forget whatever they taught by the time you grow up! Point in reference, in the film, was about our morality. But then as I look around at films that we make… and the ones that go on to become humongous hits, clearly its almost everything about schools that we forget… not just moral science lessons.

Let’s see…  Abhishek Bachchan jumping off the bike from his pillion-seat, beating up the red-faced goon mid-air, and landing back in the bike. Projectile motions at its best. Oh wait. Ridiculous best! From the numbers that Yash Raj claims, I really don’t think I need to point the film I refer to. It is right now the biggest film of all time with gross collections of over Rs 500 cr. Wow!


Yeah, WOW! I loved Dhoom 3. I watched it first day first show. I and my wife. Spending sweet 300 bucks of our hard earned money. Money that we earn so that we can spend at movies like these. Boo yeah!

But then this scene is not only thing that totally left me breathless. There are so many. So many points about it that made me wonder… and reel under…


So there is this another scene. The CEO of this great Chicago bank, which is being robbed by a clown, decides to fire the two Indian ‘super’-cops that are in his country to catch the clown - the one hell bent on making the bank go bust. What a mind-blowing emotional scene. He delivers his sentence with a straight face that could even put a hardened model to shame. But it was not his expression that arrested my attention as much as it being his jurisdiction to fire Indian cops. Now, who would have thought that Indian policemen are employed by foreign banks! And I had so long thought that it was the government’s decision.

Hey, don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed Dhoom 3. Probably that states that I am as intelligent as the rest of the
country. How else would I accept that a building in central city of Chicago remained untouched for two decades? I believed that. And it’s not just me. Even our censor board believed that not wearing a helmet while riding a bike in Chicago is perfectly normal. Why not. After all, the thinking perfectionist Aamir Khan seems to have approved of that scene. So much is the credibility of Mr Khan that we even accepted that Dhoom 3 is not really supposed to be on the lines of the earlier Dhoom. Yes, the sexy bikes were there. And so were the chases. But where was the detailing of the heists? But then with two Aamir Khans, that was bound to go!

And the best thing about Dhoom. Uday Chopra. He has made the franchise what it is. He gives it the character. I would never watch Dhoom if it has no Uday Chopra. And he so deserves being a part of Bollywood’s biggest film.

I loved Dhoom 3. Not just Dhoom 3, I loved Chennai Express. Did not manage to watch Krrish 3. Would have loved it too, I am sure. I love all these Bollywood flicks. All of these that seldom use reasoning.

Education needs to be entertaining. Else we learn from whatever is entertaining. Hence Dhoom 3 would soon probably be my holy book when I set out to a film. I want to emulate Dhoom 3. And before that I would like to make a Tashan so that they allow me to make a Dhoom 3. And I bet all of you will love the film. Because we all are educated by the same standards. No? 

Comments

Popular Posts