Lost…





There are so many things that I think I would like to blog about. But not often do a find compulsion to tell a story. Strange that today I really have no story… it’s just something that hit me.

As I woke up this morning and checked my mails I got to know there were blasts in Pune. I have never really been to Pune to stay over. Whatever memories I have of the place is of when I have gone through the city enroute to Bangalore from Mumbai… and once when I was there for a couple of hours.

I remember Pune as a rather calm and cool city. Being in Mumbai any other place would probably seem calm, but Pune had that thing about it. It was evening and I could see people heading back home from office. They looked human… unlike Mumbai where the rush to live a better life almost makes a robot out of you. I liked Pune there and then.












I was at this hotel O2 which is bang opposite Osho’s. Was there to interview Kay Kay Menon. And then as I walked out of the hotel I walked up to some vendors selling osho slippers outside the Ashram gates. Bought a couple of those… nice and cheap! And then headed to German bakery and had something delicious. Can’t recollect what it was given my memory, but I certainly remember it was expensive. But I kind of liked that place… took me back to my college days. College kids at the few tables there and also a couple of foreigners… probably tourists. I liked that place.

This morning as I saw the pictures on the blast on some sites, I could see the ruins of the same German bakery. The one beautiful memory I had of a lovely city seems to have been blown up. And my memories are probably the most insignificant of all that has been lost. So many people lost close ones… ones who will only be a part of memories from now on. So many who could have gone on to make a difference…










Ironically this blast comes around a time when My Name is Khan released; a film with a message of tolerance and peace. I just hope there are no political connections to this blast.

Memories are best when they are of happy moments. Even they make you cry. We definitely don’t need memories of bodies of loved ones blown up by bombs. Please stop this! We are humans… we don’t deserve this. Heck… even animals don’t! 

Comments

  1. well written... a sad incident... terrorists are targeting common ppl as they are soft targets... Our weak govt. should understand that they need to be alert...
    "JAAGO BHAIYA JAAGO!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Government needs to understand a lot of things but sadly behaves like an autistic child.. no disrespect to people suffering from autism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea...india hs kinda becum a holiday spot fr terrorists...dey cum n destroy as n wen dey wish...n luk at the police personnel in cst....dey r as relaxd as evr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is what I call a lovely post Noyon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post, sad reasons... the country, and us, the people, seem to be increasingly filled with irony...! sad! peace to the souls...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts