Well..Going Goa



Well, it was a small decision we had made some years back. The three of us. We were just into college and high on spirits. We wanted to finish studies and get to work. Working, somehow has always seemed to me more interesting than studying. Well i dont need to alk about studies do i?
Hemanta had got into Civil Engineering in AEC and Raja had converted his goal to study in an IIT. I has scraped through the pre university and landed up in Bangalore to pursue something which had suddenly taken up my fantasy. I must admit I hadnt the faintest idea what I was stepping into. Whims change lives!
Well, it was Raja as usualy who had come up with the idea. I was the one who would always say ‘yes’ to any shit thing. So it was upto Hemanta. This guy has been an anchor in our friendship. Raja and I had always been wild coming up with strangest of ideas..well ok Raja did it more than me. But Hemnata played his role unfailingly efficiently. I have always admired that guy’s consistency. In any field for that matter. In school that guy was absent for just one day from class I to class X. Crazy! He could have been the ideal Dettol kid. Too bad Bollywood ain’t in Guwahati. Plus he wasnt half as handsome he is now. (well Hemanta if you are reading this, i hope you understand this line has double connotation. Don’t take any decisions like withdrawing the treat for your job. I am hungry and can’t wait to reach guwahati to eat your treat!
Getting back to the point, Raja had come up with an idea: Hey lets study hard. Get our jobs fast. and then when we get our forst salary’s or at least when we get the first break, we will heead to Goa for a holiday. The three of us. For me the three of us together is the best time I have. Well, you got to understand what it means.
I agreed. Like I always do. Kya karoo mujhe haan kehna hi he ata. And surprise of surprises Hemnta said yes too. Well the BIG STORY: HEMANTA DOES NOT EVEN AGREES TO GO FOR A MOVIE!
It was during my vacations… i had gone home. I returned soon but this particular thought remained.
Years later this morning Raja gave me a call to tell me that he had god a job. The thrill was only to be felt. Hemanta had been working since six months now. I had joined a week back and now buddy Raja tells me he’s got a job too. The first things i tell him is…well of course after conratulting him, “so we will go to Goa this year.”
Well, best part, this friend of mine will be earning enough so i plan to twist and turn certain thoughts to milk money outta him…hahah..afterall what are friends for!
all said … and yet to be done… it certainly seems that a dream could be very near to be realised. I helps to have great freinds with you. That way you never need to plan your life. Being whimsical suddenly feels like that the best trait.

Comments

  1. hmm..yeah it is so much of fun wen u hav frnds wit u...even the most borin or painful work becomes tolerable or even fun wen u do it wit frnds...ask me!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts