World Cup final and Night out!


It is the world cup finals and I along with my friend Victor decide to stay back at college to watch the match as we had no other place to watch it. I have not been able to watch even a single match complete and missing the final was a big no no.

And there we were present in college before 9 pm full of enthuasiam and support for Zidane who was playing his last match.

Half way into the match which had not been what it had promised to be I started felling terribly sleepy but sleep would not deter the zeal. Zidane had scored once and we were waiting for his next. He did strike late in the match, but not the ball. but Italian player Materazzi and thereby calling for a Red card. Suddenly it seemes to be such a waste. Thankfully I had not supported either of the teams as I had had enough with all my teams crashing out. But I did feel somehow inclined towards Italy thoughout the match except after the Zidane was shown forced out. I have this tendency of supporting the weaker side in the heart. Italy went on to win leaving us wondering half the world wondering what did Materazzi say which led Zidane to take such actions.

It's 4.30 am, World Cup's over and i sit in my college lab waiting for the morning as if the morning would bring me an answer to Zidane's action. Morning however have other things in store... my classes for one, which i cannot miss at any cost. Could not the World Cup be played according to my time settings or simply in India. Now it's so difficult! But may be it's silly to complain India not staging the competition. We are yet to send a team to the world cup...

Well, i guess i am not making any sense. I am sleepy. Night's are for sleep. we sleep during nights and work during the day. It's best to sleep at night... so i go to sleep.

Hey this bring to my mind one more great saying - when you dont make any sense, don't speak anything. I will add sleep to it. So i sleep. gnite!

© 2006, Noyon Jyoti Parasara

Comments

Popular Posts