No tears no regrets!


My birthday this year was the best of days I had. Was out of home for the first time on my Birthday… I mean although have stayed out for quite some time now, I have always been on a vacation on my birthday.


All that had excited me about this day was the class I was waiting for- Argentina Vs Germany. And I was hoping Argentina would go on to the finals.

Since there is no TV in the hostel I strolled down to the nearby TV showroom (I was thinking how big a social service these showroom perform…letting anyone walking by or waiting for a bus nearby to watch TV. This service is heightened during India Vs Pakistan cricket matches). But my bad luck… the shop soon closed leaving me with nowhere to watch the match. And all my desires to watch the match …

I had to resort to alerts from my friends on my mobile phone. “49 min, Arg scores”,
“Klose does it again”, “Shootout” and then the ultimate “Argentina screwed up”…

There I was, one moment sure of an Argentine win and next moment being informed my team loses. All celebrations halt. You don’t expect a treat under such circumstances do you?

Well the defeat however did not take too long to sink. We are any way used to disappointments from the Indian cricket team. As they say if you are used to it, you are less bothered.

The best part I could shelve the treat for that day. One more saying comes true – whatever happens, happens for the better!

No tears no regrets!

Comments

Popular Posts