Justice Delivered..
justice justified?



It was early in the morning a few days back. I boarded to go to college, gave the conductor a Rs100 for the the Rs5 ticket. The conductor wrote 95 on the back of the ticket indicating that he would pay later.


After sometime i realise i had the change for the ticket and hence i asked the conductor to take the change and give me the Rs100 back and setle dues. The conductor, who was not very polite even when giving the ticket, refused to do as i said and ordered me to collect the money from him where i was supposed to get down, which was also the last stop.
I was pretty annoyed and when i got down i blasted him for having to wait despite being late for collge. And this guy hit me on my face. YES HE HIT ME.


Enraged i asked for his name. And as if commited one of the worst crimes, five six more conductors and drivers fomr buses waiting nearby came and hit me and tried to push me into the bus. The obvious attempt was to take me somewhere and teach a lesson.


I was pretty lucky to be able to escape. However i noted the bus number and the first thing i did was call up the MD of the BMTC, thats Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation and then filed a report with the police. Had small problems with the police as they were not entirely convinced that i had actually not done anything taking into account i am an outsiders.

It was persistent and got the conductor identified within two hours and got him summonded to the police station.

However the better part was that the BMTC was quick to act. They apolozised to me and suspended the conductor for misconduct.

The conductor has been calling me up ever since claiming how sorry he was and requesting me to withdraw the complaint and ask the authorities to take him back.

I do find it bad that i man who might have kids, be suspended.

The question is what should i do? prove a good soul and withdraw the complaint.
The fact to remember is that outsiders face this problem in varying degrees. ( Mine was more towards the extreme). None of the cases i know have ever been reported. This could be an example for the conductors.

Let me know what you guys think.



PS.- Like the typical hindi film, the crowd was watching as they beat me, without anyone coming to my help!

Comments

Popular Posts