The cool side

Recently when I took the Go Air flight from Guwahati to Mumbai via Delhi all I knew was that I needed to save money and that was the cheapest flight available. However the journey was not too good to start with and I almost promised myself never to take that flight again. Almost! But by the end of flight I was pretty cool and was quite willing to overlook all issues. Let’s say the reasons due to which the problems were created turned out to be reasons I would remember the flight.

First and foremost was the route that it too. Since it was taking the Delhi route the fog mean the flight was delayed. But since it was talking the Delhi route I could get what is one of the most exciting views I have had – a distant views of snow capped Himalayan Range. As exotic as it looks even from such a distance, as it stood proudly above the clouds, I was left completely speechless. So much that when the steward asked me if I wanted anything to eat I took a couple of seconds to get over the visuals and respond to what he said. The plan was drawn out right away. Himalayas are on priority on my travel chart. They always were but now there is urgency!


















Another reason why I quite enjoyed the nine-hour flight was the halt at Delhi. I have been to Delhi as a child and hardly have any memories left except its heat and the fact that we used to buy ice slabs so that we get to drink cold water. But this time around I got to witness the cold of Delhi. Delhi ki sardi is indeed chilling. But more than that I really like the city and how clean it is. From high above the city looked like a blinking microchip! Maybe I was only around the right areas, but what I saw was good enough for me to chuck Mumbai… if only Bollywood shifted to Delhi! The roads are well maintained and broad, the food is cool and cheap and the rents are low too. The auto-wallahs demand way too much but the metro apparently takes care of a lot of problems.





















As I settled down to my monotonous life in Mumbai yet again the visuals of the Himalayas are something that keep coming back to me. As I look around I see only a dirty concrete jungle, with people walking and working like robots. But I hope I will break out and reach the snow peaks some day…

In the meantime, it is indeed interesting to see how everything has two sides. A journey, a city… or a person! Look deep if you find anything.  

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it together :)
    Next year... lets get some moneys in place before that haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbly written. Makes me jealous. Tell me when you are planning your trip to the Himalayas. I will join you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Noyon please don't forgte me to take with u guys ... it will be lots of fun all together .... on those himalayan peaks ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts