Who gives India the right to complain about racial discrimination?

The whole country along with the bunch of celebrities and intellectuals are busy condemning Australians making racial attacks. wow... we stand united. Oh wait... let me show you something.



--
On 12th June a Manipuri girl, Helinah, her brother Ashe and cousin T. Veine was physically assaulted by her landlady in Naraina Village in Delhi. She was called a Nepali prostitute, dog eater and a characterless girl. She was locked up by the landlady and it was only when the police arrived the she was rescued.
When the Naga Students Union got involved and exerted enough pressuere on the police the landlady was arrested on 13th June. She was however released soon after as the sections under which she was charged were really weak.

But Helinah is a wanted to fight for justice, not only for herself but also for many others like her who face racial discrimination in places like Delhi. She has teamed up with CNN-IBN to highlight the issue and inspire others to fight back.

On 16th June with the CNN-IBN crew she went to question her ex-landlord. She and the crew was threatened by the locals who were residing there. Things became quite tense and it was only when the cops came that she and the crew could come out of the area. Even the local municipal councilor who's a woman sided with the mob and the landlord and blamed North-Eastern people for what's happening to them.


WATCH HELENA'S FIGHTBACK ON CNN-IBN, SAT - 9:30PM AND SUNDAY - 5:30 PM, SHOW NAME - CITIZEN JOURNALIST
--



Now tell me who gave Indians the right to complain. I guess it high time rest of India learns 'Jinke ghar sheeshe ke hote hai woh kisi aur ke ghar me patthar nahi mara karte'.

The North East has been and is continued to be treated like a shit hole. Who is standing up?

I still maintain - Mumbai get attacked everyone takes notice. North East gets raped for 50 years no one bats an eye lid. I rather QUIT INDIA!

Comments

  1. I second your thought, your opinion! Brilliant! I hope someone wakes up and takes notice. Bloody hypocrites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paro....
    Need support from people... i will carry on my fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have beautifully written this, Noyon. The story of Helina is one in a thousand. There are a lot like that, which go unnoticed and unreported. But who cares?

    I, as some one who have come from the North-East, have felt it my self; been there and experienced it. And I'm sure, there are thousands like me. No, I am not being subjective; it's the same with a lot like me, or Helina. Take a round, ask people who have come from the North-East. You will be hit with the reality. While working on one of my college projects, I got an opportunity to unravel some of these facts. My heart cried.

    North-East, a region with seven different states (excluding Sikkim), where every state live with their own culture, heritage that have been passed on from generation to generation, and we try to generalise them. Huh, what a shame? If manipur has their own culture, Nagaland has its own. And there is a gap of more than one leap year between the two. Yet, we call them 'chinkis' huh?

    India is a country, which many call, of diversity? Where do you think the so called diversity lies? It's not in Delhi or Mumbai, my friends.

    WHy, why are we differentiated so much? Is it because we have a different accent? Who do I blame for all these? My Skin, hair, colour is different -- but, for god shake, I'm an Indian, some one who have been born and brought up in this very country. Don't treat me that way. I have got my sisters, and brothers, they are apprehensive to go to places like Delhi. WHy? Is this justified? Why should some one be scared to go a place which is his/her(s) own country. Okay, we have a different way to live, but that's what our forefathers have done. We are following the culture. It dosn't give you the right to call us chinki's

    I hope, Helinah gets her justice. It's very important for all those who think North-East is not a part of India. It's important for those who have been on the same shoes, have been insulted the same way. It's important for people like me, who live with a hope that, change, some day will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks bro...
    I agree... Treat us like Indians!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true Noyon its high time we treat everybody equaly. I dont knw why we cannot accept the fact that we belong to ONE country. We say that we are a county with differentlanguages and culture but we dont behave the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone is to be blamed for the kind of attitute we show towards issues like these. If people cant consider people from the NORTH EAST Indian they should really stop and think twice. MIsconceptions no1: NE ppl are all chinki's 2. They all eat dogs 3. they are all naxalites. REALITY : We are all ignorant. We have no right to crib about a country like AUSTRALIA being racist when we cant name our seven sisterly states or should i say step sisterly?

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I-too-am-a-victim-of-racism-but-in-India-Mizoram-CM/articleshow/4701327.cms


    here's something from the Mizoram CM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noyon, i am really happy that u are making a noise abt this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi noyan

    everythg have been mention by others. Good work n someday or the other the mainland indian will understand wht does ' chinki' means

    deepa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts