Depressions, school friends and one-liners!

Ever noticed how your wit improves when you are depressed? I don’t know if that works for you but I think I get at whacky and sarcastic best when I am at heights of depression. Probably because that is the time when I am not jumping around and not hyper! That’s also incidentally the time I write best. I remember when I broke up for the first time I even write some poems. I still prefer to hide them but they were reasonably better than my regular attempts.

One of the latest rounds of anger which simultaneously led to a bout of depression was on Sunday. I have been extremely unhappy about the way things have been at work and it just hit me hard on Sunday. Hard enough for me to decide that I will quit. It is a tough decision to make but I decided I will move ahead and not take anymore shit. And as I was sitting, mailing people I know for help I found this old friend of mine online. School friends are always great ways to get out of bad moods. You talk about girls, bad jobs and even hot teachers once upon a time.

The subsequent chat with the friend not only cooled me down but I also got some cool one-liners. Rare ones from me. Not much of a speaker… so I thought I would paste the chat for you guys and check if it brings about a smile or two. I am hoping that statements at the end of the chat would make my effort worth it. What is also interesting about the chat is the contrast between optimism and cynicism. My friend has switched jobs and country to be happy. While he says he is happier than what he was while working in Bangkok I am still curious. Let me know what you think.

Noyon: hero hiralal

Siddharth: hey. ki khobor?

Noyon: How’s u?

Siddharth: Good. You working today also?

Noyon: No, job hunting

Sidharthe: Why?

Noyon: Quitting… so!

Siddharth: What about your last job?

Ok. You looking in Mumbai?

Noyon: Anywhere and anything

Siddharth: C’mon... Don’t worry you will get a good one

Noyon: :) hopefully

Siddharth: Don’t join for sake of joining

Noyon: Money my friend. All I need now is money. Job satisfaction is a myth

Siddharth: Money will follow... just follow your dreams. Don’t compromise.

Noyon: Dreams are best as dreams trust me...

Siddharth: well maybe... but for me it’s more important den food

Noyon: :) lucky

Siddharth: Dream on until your dreams some true... if needed take another birth...

Noyon: I rather die easy

Siddharth: then better die dreaming. Don’t worry you are a talented guy... you will do well. I read your articles. You got talent. Wait for the right time.

Good things come to those who wait.

Noyon: :)

Siddharth: Why don’t you try in direction. Maybe assistant director...

Noyon: that’s worse. You will never get paid

Siddharth: Well I know... but if u r interested in it... it will good for you later...

Noyon: no re. You slog for five years at 6k per month and after that you will 35 yr old. What’s the use?

Siddharth: I don’t mind waiting for 50 years if at least I get an Oscar

Noyon: that will never happen. For that you have to be a politician and not a film maker hehe

Siddharth: Most of the things happen for the first time... that’s how history is created

Noyon: History is almost always created when someone loses making mistakes... and the winner has no clue! :D geeeeez.. i am good with one liners :D

Siddharth: even if u don’t make it big... at least you can write a book about your struggles an mint money. lol

Noyon: haha

Siddharth: don’t worry everything will be fine… just have fun

Noyon: :)

Siddharth: It’s your life... And money has no right to spoil it. Look out its a beautiful Sunday evening. Go and enjoy.

Noyon: :) good evening.. tc

Siddharth: You can't get back your today again.

Noyon: yeah

Siddharth: so any girlfriends?

Noyon: loads

Siddharth: lucky u...

Noyon: bullshit… I am turning gay. hahahah

Siddharth: lol.. Well den u won’t have any problem getting a job... lol

Noyon: haha

Siddharth: Where are you now?

Noyon: I stay in office

Siddharth: Yeah you told me

Siddharth: What’s your food for your ego?

Noyon: haha I dont need to feed it!

Comments

  1. Wow! indeed! You are good with oneliners... :-) "I dont need to feed it!" Just wow!

    That makes me think.... you should always be in bad mood... probably you will leave behind a few good quotes for the world to lick at when you are gone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...
    maybe i should continue working with Sanskriti media in that case... that coupled with my mom's constant arguments that i should join a 'proper' job will perennial keep me angry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry babe, I haven't been around for you... call me when you are down na? Off chat bcos of boss :( Available on Sms too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. drepresssions get the best words out of a person :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts